Angry Young Man, Big B, AB Sr, Sahenshah of Bollywood, a living legend of the Indian film industry has gained respect and popularity over the past 50 years. Yes, Mr. Amitabh Bachchan It is the only name that has dominated and still dominates the Bollywood industry.
Everyone knows popular things about him, including his family details, his worth, some background and film career. However, there are many hidden facts that everyone should know about the hottest faces of the Indian film industry. Today we will reveal those hidden things and believe in us. His real life is more interesting than his reel life. Let’s begin!
Date of Birth and Real Name
He was born on October 11, 1942 and was purchased in Allahabad, British Indian Confederation. His birthplace is now known as Paryagraj, Uttar Pradesh, India. now Age of Amitabh Bachchan As of 2021, he is 78 years old. Everyone knows him by the name of Mr. Amitabh Bachchan, but he was initially given the name Inquilab Shrivastava.
Later, his father’s fellow poet, Mr. Harivans Rai Bachchan suggested the name “Amitabh” which means “Light never dies”. After that, his father called him Amitabh Shrivastava. Harivansh Rai Bachchan protested against the caste system in India, which is why he abandoned the surname “Shrivastava” and changed it to “Bachchan”.
This is the story behind the name of Amitabh Bachchan. His mother, Mrs. Teji Bachchan, belongs to the Sikh community and was born in Lyallpur, Faisalabad, Punjab, Pakistan. She was a social activist and was interested in theatre. She was also offered a feature film role, but she rejected it and continued her domestic duties.
Academic and Career Interests
He completed his studies at Jnana Prabodhini Boys High School, located in Prayagraj. He was interested in studying science and earned a bachelor’s degree in science. Everyone knows that he studied at Sherwood College in Nainital, India and Kirori Mal College, New Delhi, India.
But no one knew that he had also attended Government College Sector-11 in Chandigarh. However, he left because of his interest in acting. He played many roles in several plays at Kirori Mal College.
However, acting was his hobby because he wanted to enlist in the Indian Air Force. For academic reasons, he did not fulfill his dream of enlisting in the Indian Air Force. After graduating from college, his career struggle began and he lived in West Bengal to work in a factory. But fate planned something unique for him, and his fate brought him the dream city of Mumbai.
Beginning of a film career
The struggle wasn’t easy at all because he lived in “Choul”, ate “Bada Fab and Golgapa” and worked too many short wage jobs to make a living after coming to Mumbai. He got his first job in Indian cinema in 1969 as voice narrator in Mrinal Sen’s film “Bhuvan Shome”.
In the same year, he shot a supporting role in the movie “Saat Hindustani”. Amitabh Bachchan’s first film. His starting career was a disaster. Only one movie “Anand” did a good job, in which he starred in a supporting role with Rajesh Kanna. He also won the first Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in “Anand.” Some flop films early in his career were Parwana, Reshma Aur Shera, Bawarchi and Bombay to Goa.
The failed rookie made a total of 12 films by the age of 30. There were only two hits on the list. Saleem Khan was the reason Bollywood’s Shahenshah rose following the entire Indian film industry. Saleem khan wrote the story, screenplay and screenplay for his first hit film with the lead actor “Zanjeer”.
Javed Akhtar also worked as a co-writer for the film and was the biggest hit, giving him his first popular name, “Angry Young Man”. After the success of “Zanjeer” his career began to touch the Bollywood sky.
Popular and unpopular debates
There are only two debates about reel life. Amitabh Bachchan, It has to do with relationships with famous Indian actresses Parveen Babi and Rekha. According to some rumors, Reka is still unmarried, as he was first married to Reka and has not yet been revealed.
But only two of them know the truth behind their relationship. Since marrying Jaya Bhaduri Bachchan on June 3, 1973, his marriage has been going well.
Now let’s talk about Big B’s less popular argument. Bollywood’s Shahenshah appeared in the popular “Bofors Scandal.” However, he was later acquitted of the case. He also submitted false documents to prove he was a farmer in order to receive government facilities. ‘Stardust’ also banned him for 15 years, the prime of his acting career.
He agreed that he brought the idea of a national emergency, and this is why the media has not decided to interview, comment or photograph Amitabh Bachchan. In 2007, a Faizabad court declared that the superstar had been certified as a farmer through counterfeiting on two messy land deals.
He wants to buy farmland in Maharashtra, where by law only farmers can buy farmland. He was also found guilty in the popular Barabanki Land case where his name was illegally registered.
Lesser-known facts about Amitabh Bachchan
- Amitabh Bachchan addicted to tobacco and alcohol. But in the 1980s, he broke both bad habits.
- He was a good athlete in college and won the 100m, 200m and 400m races. He also won the boxing championship at Sherwood College in Nainital.
- However, although his voice is most famous, he was rejected by All India Radio because of his baritone voice.
- He first shared a screen with his wife Jaya Bachchan in the movie “Goodie” (1971).
- He was awarded $1 million for his iconic role as “Jay” on “Sholay”.
- Everyone knows the famous Collie case, but nobody knows that he died 11 minutes after the accident. He said in an interview that he had lost 75% of his liver to hepatitis B after the ‘Coley’ incident. He also suffered from tuberculosis, but is now free from the disease. Later he was appointed Brand Ambassador for TB and Hepatitis B Awareness.
- He joined the National Assembly of India to support his friend Rajiv Gandhi and even competed for the seat of Allahabad in the 8th Roxava elections. However, he resigned after three years.
- After losing millions of dollars in company failure, his friend Amar Singh helped him financially, so he joined the Samajwadi party to support him.
- Since 1996, he hasn’t appeared in any films for over five years. After that he started hosting the famous TV show “Kaun Banega Crorepati” and again began to dominate the Indian film industry.